This week I’m sharing a delicious strawberry banana bread recipe with you.
I was hoping to be able to share my favourite strawberry muffin recipe to follow on from last weeks 5 health benefits of Strawberries post but, it seems I’ve left my muffin tins at my parents during our move. This actually worked out as I had some bananas that needed using up and so you get the details of this tasty bread!
I’m really loving all the fresh strawberries at the moment. I also love banana bread, it’s quick to make and yummy. Combine the two and you have this amazing treat.
I must warn you this isn’t the healthiest recipe in the world but its so good it might not matter just this once? It contains fruit, that counts right?
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 1/2 strawberries – chopped
- 2 cups flour (I used plain wholemeal flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line your loaf pan with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Beat the two eggs then add to the sugar and butter mixture. Beat until combined.
- Add mashed banana and mix until combined.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet mix slowly and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Mix in the strawberries.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake at 180c for 45 – 60mins until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool
I really hope you enjoy this strawberry banana bread recipe. Please let me know if you give it a try and what you thought of it! Also let me know what strawberry recipes you enjoy.